The British Urban Film Festival can announce today that the climax to this year’s live script reading competition will take place once again at Channel 4 headquarters on Thursday 4 September. The event will be presented by actress and TV presenter Shereen Miranda who presided over the inaugural event last year.
The British Urban Film Festival can also announce the 5 script judges who will be presiding over this year’s competition entries from which 3 will be shortlisted. They are Fiona Lamptey from Film4/FruitTree Media, Enrico Tessarin from Pinch Media, Gemma Lloyd from Actup Courses, the actor Patrick Mckenzie and Siobhan Callas, editor-in-chief of Britflicks.com. In addition to shortlisting the final 3 scripts, the judges will have a say in casting decisions and script direction in the lead-up to and during the live performances.
Last year’s winning scripts covered female genital mutilation, office politics and gang wars, themes which embody the diverse range of content which the festival receives year after year from both scriptwriters and filmmakers across the country.
Emmanuel Anyiam-Osigwe, director of the British Urban Film Festival, said: “After successfully launching our scriptwriting competition in 2012, we’ve teamed up with some of the best brains in the business to deliver a competition in 2014 which is worthy of stature in its own right”.
- Scripts: must be no less than 20 pages and no more than 60.
- Films must be no less than 3 minutes and no more than 120.
- The early bird deadline for submissions is 5.00pm, Friday 9th May 2014 (Fees are non-refundable at £25).
- The final deadline for submissions is 5.00pm, Monday 9th June 2014
- Submission Fees double from Saturday 10 May onwards.
- All forms of narrative style and all genres are accepted – the definition of an urban film… is down to you!
- Payments can only be accepted via www.paypal.com using the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Films & trailers can only be submitted via private digital links to email@example.com
- *DVD masters will be requested if submissions make the shortlist.
- EPK’s must include 5 publicity stills (film submissions only), a synopsis and a cover letter with at least 1 social network point of contact
- Scripts must be submitted via PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org